Holistic Counselling Skills for Healing Practitioners
Holistic counselling and all healing practices are fundamentally about the process of human change – about restoring the wholeness of being in a balanced way. This course will give you the essence of holistic counselling principles and skills to immediately apply and complement your healing modality. You will learn the “heart and soul of change”, a deep listening practice that will enhance your self-awareness and intuition, relational attunement, effective facilitative language, and working with others in a trauma-informed and recovery-oriented way.
The course has four workshops that are building on each other. All workshops are practice-focused, hands-on, with individual attention and guidance. You will receive manuals, readings, and recommendations for additional resources.
You are welcome to attend the free webinar on Thursday 27th January at 7pm to hear more details about the course and ask all questions.
Workshop 1 – Foundations of Holistic Counselling
12th & 13th February 2022
- The common factors of therapeutic change
- Key principles of the holistic healing process
- The Healer’s Journey and the journey to healing
- The significance of trust, safety, hope and establishing a connection
- A new way of being and connecting to yourself and others
Workshop 2 – Self-awareness and Healing Practice
9th & 10th April 2022
- Cultivating therapeutic presence and embodied awareness
- Deep listening process and attunement to the stream of experiencing
- The practice of felt sensing as a body-mind healing method
- Accessing your inner knowing and guidance for your healing process
Workshop 3 – Refining and Deepening the Healing Process
11th, 12th & 13th June
- Working with the unfolding stream of experiencing and lived reality of others
- Refining facilitative language
- Deepening the process
- Dealing with various difficulties and “stuck” places in all stages of the process
- What prevents healing from unfolding and how to address that
- Help with feeling overwhelmed, highly stressed, procrastinating, “resisting”, etc.
Workshop 4 – Foundations of Working with a Diversity of Being Human in a Trauma-informed and Recovery-oriented Way
17th & 18th September 2022
- Principles, attitude, and process of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented practice
- Relational ethical practice in working with subtle and altered states of consciousness
- Working with unique challenges that may be important to specific client groups with a commitment to eliminate unconscious bias and discrimination in one’s work
- Suicide awareness, assessment and brief crisis intervention
- Recognising limitations and knowing how and where to refer
Biliana Dearly, the course developer and teacher, is an experienced senior counsellor, psychotherapist, supervisor, and lecturer. She has been creating counselling programs and teaching for more than ten years, from short courses to Masters level. Beyond her qualifications and experience, she loves learning, exploring, and sharing what she learned. She is passionate about creating deep, Soulful connections and supporting the growth of others. Biliana teaches this embodied Soul-centred way of working in a simple yet transformational way while helping you to experience radical compassion and find your inner wisdom and realignment within.